Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Anxious

You know that feeling. The gnawing in your stomach...not hunger, but that sense that something big is looming that you're not sure you're ready for. That's where I'm at. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to my adventure. This will be the first time I've ever travelled to a 'developing' country.

Up until this point in my life, Canada and Japan are the most exotic places I've been. Sure, Japan is quite far from home, but when you go specifically to visit with relatives, it's a bit different than going to a place that doesn't have that 'safe' comfort zone that you can escape to.

All my anxiety can be boiled down to two things. Looooooooong plane trip, and crazy heat/humidity. It will be worth it though. Really looking forward to seeing first-hand the project in action.

I started working at Positive Life Radio when I was a student. It was at that time when the Rice for Cambodia project first started. That first year, it was so cool to see those first few tons of rice being sponsored. Now, it is incredible to see hundreds of tons of rice being sponsored each year, and I'm excited to be able to personally help distribute some of that rice on your behalf.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be updating this blog with new pictures, the occasional video and some stories of this adventure.

-Ernest

ps. I can't promise I won't be that guy. The guy who has to quote all those Vietnam-era movies. I know it's not Vietnam, but I was told I'd be staying in a hotel overlooking the Mekong river. It'll happen. 'sup





No comments:

Post a Comment