Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another 10 tons

This morning we distributed another 10 tons of rice. This group of people reacted more to the drama than any other to this point. It was great to see them really get into it and enjoy the skits. It probably had something to do with my cameo...haha, not likely. The drama team persuaded me to play the rich guy. If only.

Best of all, we had another 11 people come forward after the drama presentations. Pastor Nak prayed with them, welcoming them to the family of Christ. We can't always do these types of invitations, especially when there is a government official there. Today we had a representative there, but she is Pastor Setan's cousin. So it all worked out.

Only one more rice distribution before I leave this incredible country. I can't believe how fast the last two weeks have flown by. Can't say I'll miss the heat and humidity, but I will greatly miss the people. There are so many projects and people that need help. I wish I could do more. There is nothing like being able to see and experience first-hand something like this. I fundamentally knew what was going on, but to actually see it. I'll never forget it. If you ever get the opportunity, I can't encourage you enough to jump at the chance to see for yourself these amazing people and just what an impact you're having through Rice for Cambodia.


No comments:

Post a Comment